A decade ago, Asher Gottesman had millions of dollars in the bank and a successful real estate career. But after two years of food addiction, alcohol abuse, and expensive drug habits, he found himself in dangerous debt - he went from flying in private planes to not being able to pay his utility bills. Today, Asher joins Gabby and Neil in The Truth Barrel to talk about his new life purpose - helping others recover from their own self-destructive habits.
This episode is loaded with lessons such as:
- What is the difference between conditional and unconditional love?
- How to embrace letting go and forgiveness.
- Why the way you're punishing your children may be hurting both of you.
- How to recognize when you're being manipulative, and when you yourself are being manipulated.
- How to spot your own destructive patterns.
- How to overcome embarrassment and ask for the help you need.