Mitch Lowe (@mitch__lowe) is a co-founding executive of Netflix, the former CEO of MoviePass, the former president of Redbox, and the author of Watch and Learn: How I Turned Hollywood Upside Down with Netflix, Redbox, and MoviePass ? Lessons in Disruption. [This is part one of a two-part episode. Be on the lookout for part two later this week!]
What We Discuss with Mitch Lowe:
- How Mitch's first entrepreneurial adventure involved peddling blacklight posters in Europe at the behest of a shady character by the name of Funky Sam.
- What Mitch learned from befriending people on both sides of the conflict in Israel while living there in the '70s.
- How Mitch got deported from Egypt as a spy and accidentally witnessed something he shouldn’t have.
- How Mitch's terrible investment in a video store led to innovations that would make Netflix — the company he co-founded — wrench domination from entrenched rivals in the video rental industry.
- Did Mitch really fake a heart attack to get out of a meeting with Walmart executives?
- And much more...
Full show notes and resources can be found here: jordanharbinger.com/786
This Episode Is Brought To You By Our Fine Sponsors: jordanharbinger.com/deals
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking — our free networking and relationship development mini course — at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!