Jonah Berger (@j1berger) has spent over 15 years studying how social influence works and how it drives products and ideas to catch on. He’s a marketing professor and author, and his new book is Invisible Influence: The Hidden Forces that Shape Behavior. [Note: This is a previously broadcast episode from the vault that we felt deserved a fresh pass through your earholes!]
What We Discuss with Jonah Berger:
- We like to believe we’re so special that our choices are driven by personal preferences and opinions; the fact of the matter: other people have an influence over almost everything we do.
- Rather than seeing influence as negative and manipulative, we should understand how to use it as a toolkit for making better decisions.
- Sometimes we allow our social groups or cultural upbringing to influence us toward underachievement.
- Learn the one trick that allows negotiators to be five times more successful.
- How do we protect ourselves from undesired influence?
- And much more…
Full show notes and resources can be found here: jordanharbinger.com/774
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking — our free networking and relationship development mini course — at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!