Tessa West (@tessawestnyu) is a social psychology professor at New York University and the author of Jerks at Work: Toxic Coworkers and What to Do About Them.
What We Discuss with Tessa West:
- The seven types of jerks at work: the kiss up/kick down, the credit stealer, the bulldozer, the free rider, the micromanager, the neglectful boss, and the gaslighter.
- Why prioritizing conflict management as a skill is crucial for identifying and coexisting with jerks at work.
- How to stop the jerks at work from taking credit for all of your good ideas.
- Have mercy: jerks at work aren't necessarily villains -- their poor patterns hurt them just as much as they hurt everyone else.
- What we can do to ensure that we're not the jerks at work.
- And much more...
Full show notes and resources can be found here: jordanharbinger.com/706
Miss the first show we did with Pivot co-host and NYU Stern School of Business professor Scott Galloway? Catch up here with episode 204: Solving the Algebra of Happiness!
Like this show? Please leave us a review here -- even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!