Millions of people play the lottery every day. Is it just a harmless game, or something more insidious?
Welcome to Skeptical Sunday, a special edition of The Jordan Harbinger Show where Jordan and fact-checker, comedian, and podcast host David C. Smalley break down a topic that you may have never thought about, open things up, and debunk common misconceptions.
Full show notes and resources can be found here: jordanharbinger.com/693
On This Week's Skeptical Sunday, We Discuss:
- How much do people really spend on lottery tickets, and who does most of the buying?
- Winning an Oscar, being struck by lightning, or becoming an astronaut are just three things you're more likely to do than win the lottery.
- What do governments do with the money brought in by lottery sales? At least some of it is put to good use, right?
- Why winning the lottery isn't a guaranteed way to fulfill your dreams -- and is more likely to turn your life into a nightmare.
- Why you're better off using the money you'd spend on lottery tickets on almost anything else.
- Connect with Jordan on Twitter, on Instagram, and on YouTube. If you have something you'd like us to tackle here on Skeptical Sunday, drop Jordan a line at firstname.lastname@example.org and let him know!
- Connect with David at his website, on Twitter, on Instagram, on TikTok, and on YouTube, and make sure to check out The David C. Smalley Podcast here or wherever you enjoy listening to fine podcasts! If you like to get out of your house and catch live comedy, keep an eye on David's tour dates here and text David directly at (424) 306-0798 for tickets when he comes to your town!
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking -- our free networking and relationship development mini course -- at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Like this show? Please leave us a review here -- even one sentence helps! Consider leaving your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!