General Michael Hayden (@GenMhayden) is a retired United States Air Force general, former Director of the NSA and CIA, and author of Playing to the Edge: American Intelligence in the Age of Terror. [Note: This is a previously broadcast episode from the vault that we felt deserved a fresh listen!]
What We Discuss with General Michael Hayden:
- How does an intelligence agent view cognition, cognitive bias, and psychology differently from a policymaker?
- What is The Unpleasant Fact an intelligence agent brings to the briefing table?
- General Hayden gives us a rare glimpse of working for two very different presidents and conveys the importance of adapting to their particular learning styles.
- Find out what it’s like to present new intelligence to an administration that forces it to change policy. (Awkward!)
- Get General Hayden’s take on the Orlando shootings and the difficulty of balancing security with liberty.
- And much more…
Full show notes and resources can be found here: jordanharbinger.com/576
Like this show? Please leave us a review here -- even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!