Rachel Nuwer (@RachelNuwer) is an award-winning freelance journalist who reports about science, travel, food, and adventure for The New York Times, National Geographic, Scientific American, and more. Her multi-award-winning first book, Poached: Inside the Dark World of Wildlife Trafficking, is out now.
What We Discuss with Rachel Nuwer:
- What drives the global demand for resources cruelly derived from endangered wildlife.
- Why poachers and smugglers are willing to risk their own lives to meet this demand.
- The pros and cons of solutions proposed to stem the tide of this illicit trade -- from legalizing it for sustainable sourcing to synthesizing alternatives.
- Why governments are shy to throw the book at the worst offenders, and how the most clever, wealthy, and well-connected usually (but don't always) bypass legal repercussions for their trafficking transgressions.
- What we can do here and now to promote policies for preserving these species before they vanish forever.
- And much more...
Full show notes and resources can be found here: jordanharbinger.com/545
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking -- our free networking and relationship development mini course -- at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Like this show? Please leave us a review here -- even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!