You have a hostile coworker undermining you before management at every opportunity. How can you ensure facts will speak up for you instead of your coworker's toxic fabrications? Never fear! We'll show you how to navigate around a hostile coworker on this Feedback Friday!
And in case you didn't already know it, Jordan Harbinger (@JordanHarbinger) and Jason DeFillippo (@jpdef) banter and take your comments and questions for Feedback Friday right here every week! If you want us to answer your question, register your feedback, or tell your story on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. Now let's dive in!
Full show notes and resources can be found here: https://jordanharbinger.com/248
On This Week's Feedback Friday, We Discuss:
- A Detroit vagrant in his 40s probably has enough problems to deal with. Can any good come from pressing charges against him because he tried (and failed) to steal your laptop?
- You have a hostile coworker undermining you before management at every opportunity. How can you ensure facts will speak up for you instead of your coworker's toxic fabrications?
- You hear of coworkers getting a promotion because they're "smart." What does it mean to be smart? Is being smart related to IQ? Is it related to emotional intelligence? Is it related to street smarts? Or is it a combination of all of these?
- As a business owner in a new country who's pioneered your own niche, how do you avoid a race to the bottom in pricing and remain high in quality as competition attempts to elbow into your turf?
- Is it ever good to name drop when networking?
- How can you continue to network and problem solve for your peers, but also start to lay the foundation of credibility with your accomplishments to build future -- and likely new leadership positions -- at your company?
- You reached out to someone in your chosen field, and you were referred to two others who have agreed to meet with you. How can you use the FEW technique effectively when these meetings happen?
- Is it worth the ROI to obtain expensive credentials (like an MBA) early in your career? Or is charging forward to gain experience more beneficial?
- Life Pro Tip: When you get a scammy/spammy phone call, tell them: "I think you have the wrong number...this is a government office." Alternatively, you can play this sound into the phone to possibly get removed from the system's rotation.
- Recommendation of the Week: Dave Chappelle: Sticks & Stones, Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee (Dave Chappelle Episode)
- A quick shoutout to David Gray Lassiter!
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you'd like to share with us? Drop us a line at email@example.com!
- Connect with Jordan on Twitter at @JordanHarbinger and Instagram at @jordanharbinger.
- Connect with Jason on Twitter at @jpdef and Instagram at @JPD, and check out his other show: Grumpy Old Geeks.
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking -- our free networking and relationship development mini course -- at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Like this show? Please leave us a review here -- even one sentence helps! Consider leaving your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!