Steven Hassan (@CultExpert) is a a licensed mental health counselor who has been educating the public about mind control, brainwashing, and destructive cults since 1976. He's the author of Combating Cult Mind Control: The Guide to Protection, Rescue, and Recovery from Destructive Cults and the founder of the Freedom of Mind Resource Center. This is part one of a two-part episode (part two coming soon).
What We Discuss with Steven Hassan:
- How to use Steven's BITE model to tell if you or someone you love is involved in a destructive cult through control of behavior, information, thought, and emotion.
- The four types of destructive cults most prevalent today: commercial, religious, political, and self-help.
- How cults have weaponized the Internet and social media to fill their ranks and thrive as never before possible.
- Why it's the people who believe themselves immune to (i.e., too smart for) cult indoctrination who are most at risk of being targeted and recruited.
- How Steven has refined Ted Patrick's invasive cult deprogramming tactics of the '70s into a more effective strategic interactive approach.
Full show notes and resources can be found here: https://jordanharbinger.com/237
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking -- our free networking and relationship development mini course -- at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Like this show? Please leave us a review here -- even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!